Community Business Trade Up provides community businesses with the skills, support network and funding to recover and rebuild income from trading.
What is Community Business Trade Up?
The programme is run by School for Social Entrepreneurs, in partnership with Power to Change. The programme includes a learning programme to help your community business to adapt and face these challenging times, a vital peer support network and a Trade Back grant, created by SSE in response to the Covid-19 crisis, these grants match ‘pound-for-pound’ an increase in income from trading above Covid-period levels.
Is it open for applications?
The Community Business Trade Up programme is CLOSED.
Who can apply?
It will help the leaders of up to 50 community businesses across in England. The learning programme will take place in five locations: North West, Yorkshire & North East, Midlands, South West and London.
We’re giving priority places to community businesses that are:
- BAME-led (with over 51% BAME leadership in staff or Trustees/Directors), or
- Located in and giving support to BAME local communities, or
- Located in and giving support to deprived or disadvantaged local communities.
What can you apply for?
- A learning programme of 12 days spread over nine months
- A grant of up to £10,000 to match the income generated from trading
- A community of people running organisations like yours
Where can I find out more?
You can also find out more by visiting the School for Social Entrepreneurs website.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions, these will be updated regularly.
Watch our webinar, where we talk through the programme and application process: