We have some cookies active on our website, as almost all websites do, to help provide you with the best experience we can. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Last updated: October 2019
Our cookies help to:
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
How long do cookies last?
When a web server sends a cookie, it asks your browser to keep that particular cookie until a certain date and time. These dates can be:
- Some date in the future – which might be a few minutes or a few hours from now (to track something like your shopping cart in an online store). The cookie might expire many years in the future, to keep track of your browser for a long time.
- When you close your browser – this is called a session cookie, the next time you start your browser these will have vanished.
- Some date in the past – this is how the server asks a browser to remove a previously-stored cookie.
Our own cookies
|Authentication||These cookies help us show you the right information by personalising what you view.|
|Security||These cookies help us detect suspicious or malicious activity on our services, and support other security features|
|Preferences and Functionality||These cookies allow our services to recognise you and your preferences. For example, they can auto-fill a form for you, provide you with customised content, remember your settings, and more.|
Research, performance, and analytics
|These cookies help us understand how well our website is performing by measuring your interactions with it. We use insights from these cookies to improve on current services, and to research and develop new services or features. They also help us use plugins that allow you to enjoy certain functions, such as sharing our pages on your social media accounts.|
We use two types of cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies. These make our website work including:
- Identify your browser while logged in and to process online transactions
- Make it easier to log into and use our service.
- Allowing you to add comments to our site.
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions
- There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
The cookies described in this policy only apply to our own website and our marketing pages.
Google Analytics, Optimise and Search Console
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, may limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.