A collection of digital resources for Community Businesses.
Getting started with digital
- BeMoreDigital workshops – an online (entree-level) learning space for civil society professionals to improve their digital skills and confidence.
- Phoebe Tickell -Toolkit for grassroots communities needing to move their work into the digital realm for the first time.
- Catalyst Resource – How to measure your service’s user-centredness – A free and downloadable scale based on the principles of good service design. Use it to measure how well your services work for your members and customers.
Building your digital skills, support and further resources
- Design Hops – A free workshop to help organisations redesign services for digital access.
- Digital Candle – free 1 hour of expert digital advice for mission driven organisations.
- Catalyst support library – 100+ free resources on a range of topics, from digital leadership, strategy, change management, creating and running digital services, working digitally.
- Service Recipes – Practical guides to help civil society organisations learn from one another’s services.
- DigiShift – Zoom expert advice sessions (and recordings) from SCVO and Third Sector Lab, covering topics from website accessibility, Cyber security, to workplace culture.
- Developing a digital approach – workshop by DOT Project.
Networks and peer groups
Accessibility, equality, diversity and inclusion
- OneDigital – resources for specific types of learners: older learners; young learners; learners with physical disabilities; learners with mental health issues; learners with learning disabilities; learners whose first language is not English; and financial disadvantaged learners.
- Learn My Way – offers free online courses to help beginners (esp. people with learning disabilities, low income families, and older people) learn the basics and develop digital skills.
- This document signposts to digital resources and tools to help those who are less familiar with tech. This includes links to guides on using a webcam, Skype tutorials and video calling.
- BT’s Skills for Tomorrow – offers a range of courses including basic digital functions such as using email.
- The Basics of Digital Accessibility – this blog post explores the importance of accessibility in web and other digital communications as it relates to an organisation’s ability to serve its community.
- Making your website accessible – a guide written for charities but super helpful for any social mission driven organisation looking to ensure their website is accessible.
- Web accessibility checker – This tool checks single HTML pages for conformance with accessibility standards to ensure the content can be accessed by everyone.
Data and Impact measurement
- Data Kind’s Office Hours – Conversations with experts in data and mission driven organisations.
- ‘How to measure social value in Google Analytics’ – Blog by Richard Edwards about using Google Analytics to measure social value.
- ‘The why, how, and what of impact measurement’ – Blog by Dr Lucy Maynard on impact measurement.
- Data Collective – A community that fosters connections around data challenges, to share good practice, and to help organisations to share their data with other organisations, should they want to paint a fuller picture. Members have access to peer support through a mailing list and slack channel, group workshops, and direct technical support.
- DigiSafe – A new step-by-step digital safeguarding guide.
- Control R charity digital training – Free charity digital training course in Google Analytics, Facebook ads and more.
- Catalyst Resource – How digital marketing can help you reach your audience – How can charities continue to help existing audiences understand the services they offer? Or even help new audiences understand their services using digital channels? That’s where digital marketing comes in.