The Sandbox Ideas Programme is now closed for applications.
Do you have an innovative idea or proposal which doesn’t fit within any of Power to Change’s existing programmes?
The Sandbox is a small fund for ideas which have real potential to grow and develop the community business sector, and that aren’t eligible for funding through our other programmes.
All ideas proposed to the Sandbox must have a charitable purpose, and must be able to demonstrate relevance to Power to Change’s mission to create better places through community businesses in England.
Successful applicants will receive up to £50,000 to deliver activities over a maximum of one year.
We will accept applications that:
- Are requesting no more than £50,000 over a maximum of one year. We expect an average of £25,000 per successful applicant
- Are not eligible for one of our other funding programmes
- Are not for core funding (that is, the basic staffing and/or overhead costs required to run an organisation)
- Are not for research or scoping studies that relate to an existing programme
- Seek to address an issue/challenge or respond to an opportunity within the community business sector which Power to Change is not currently addressing or responding to
- Have a charitable purpose
- Will contribute towards Power to Change’s mission to create better places through community business
- Can demonstrate a clear link to developing the community business market, i.e. is relevant to Power to Change’s work and legacy
- Contributes to at least one of Power to Change’s strategic goals – to transform places, to grow the sector, to make the case for community business.
If you think your idea fits, please send us a 200 word expression of interest outlining your idea, how it will further the community business market and how it falls outside of existing Power to Change programmes. This should be sent to email@example.com
Read our guidance notes on The Sandbox Ideas programme
Due to the high rate of applications, we cannot guarantee a response to expressions of interest.
If your idea is of interest, we will organise a call with you, then you will need to fill out a brief application form and create a video describing your idea. This will be taken to our grant decision panel for final approval.