Community Energy Fortnight exists to connect community energy organisations and supporters together to share mutual support, learning and ideas for how to evolve as a sector. This year, Community Energy England have launched Community Energy 2030 Vision, which defines, explains and showcases the benefit of community energy as well as the sector’s ambitions for the next ten years. 2030 Vision is free and you can download the booklet and resources here.
Over the fortnight, we are releasing short interviews with two community energy leaders to understand the impact they’re having, how the organisations are adapting to the challenges of Covid-19 and their plans for the future.
Our first video features Andrew Moore at Yealm Community Energy in Plymouth.
We also caught up with Penny Shepherd, chair of Orchard Community Energy in North Kent.
Our strategic partner, Community Energy England, will be hosting multiple online events over Community Energy Fortnight. Here’s a few of our favourites:
- EU Heroes webinars: Community Solar – A Bright Future? – 17 June
- Net Zero Community Energy Webinar with Northern Powergrid – 18 June
- Innovation Lab webinar series: Brighton Energy Coop – 26 June
- Community and Local Energy: A beacon for 2030 – 18 June
- People Powered Retrofit – a neighbourhood model for new retrofit markets – 23 June
- Funding your community energy project – 23 June
- Watts the deal? Introduction and play in – 23 June
- Retrofitting domestic heat pumps – 24 June
- Scaling up urban community energy – 25 June
- Innovation Lab webinar: Brighton Energy Co-op – 26 June
For more information or to book your place, please see: https://communityenergyengland.org/pages/community-energy-fortnight