Together with our partners, we are exploring the best way to support community businesses throughout this challenging time. This page is being updated daily so be sure to check back for new sources of support and funding as they are announced.
No one knows what the future will bring, for now though, we will endeavour to round up the best advice and guidance we have found to help you to manage your community business in uncertain times.
New funds have been launched to support charities and community businesses in response to COVID-19. We have compiled all of the funding available for community businesses, from local and national schemes, and we will endeavour to keep this document as up to date as possible.
Business support and guidance
- The Plunkett Foundation is updating a live page with advice and guidance for community businesses during the pandemic, from managing risks to supporting communities.
- Cooperatives UK is updating guidance and advice on their website regularly.
- Locality is updating members regularly on their website on support available, furlough and volunteering.
- Social Enterprise UK has shared advice on its website and is hosting webinars for business support and planning.
- BUD has developed three online workshops for leaders of positive change in community and business through this time.
- The Fore runs a network of individuals interested in providing pro-bono support to small charities and social enterprises, as well as becoming trustees.
- Community Energy England has compiled governance business, funding and community energy resources for those affected by COVID-19.
- Community Transport Association has been sharing guidance for community transport in response to COVID-19, the guidance is updated regularly.
- NCVO offers a range of support for organisations, including HR advice, as well as a range of information and guidance for charities and the third sector and specific Coronavirus guidance which is updated regularly.