Read the transcript.
Show notes (01/01/2019)
- Read the case studies for The Bevy and Shotley Pier to find out more on these fantastic community businesses.
- Be sure to check out the Power to Change Research Institute Page, Support for Grantees page or Peer Networking pages for more resources. Equally you can find further resources for peer support from: Plunkett Foundation, Cooperatives UK, Eden Project Communities, and Locality.
- Power to Change is excited to announce the opening of the Community Business Trade Up programme, in partnership with the School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE). The programme provides a peer learning programme delivered through SSE and a Match Trading™ grant of up to £10,000 allocated in proportion to the income your organisation can generate from trading. So, if you’re looking to grow your community business with the help of similarly passionate business leaders, read the guidance to see if you can apply for support!
- We recently published our annual State of the Community Business Market report and things are looking bright! With increased confidence and growth from previous years, 2018 was a positive year for CBs. Take a read of our blog for key insights from the report.
- Grants of up to £100,000 are available for community-led energy initiatives with our Next Generation Fund. You can submit an expression of interest up until Sunday 13 January so get going! Remember to read the guidance before applying.